Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Board Rules' started by Sovereign, May 28, 2021.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. General Rules
2. Character Creation Rules and Character Sheet Template
1. Multiple ‘writer’ accounts are not allowed. All profiles must be created as ‘character’ subaccounts to your main writer account.
2. Keep your posts constructive and on the topic your post is in.
3. This board is rated PG-13 by MPAA standards.
4. Users will not engage in harassment and abusive behavior.
5. Swearing is strongly discouraged. Excessive and unnecessary swearing is prohibited.
6. Users will not impersonate another writer.
7. Users will not support their own posts with sub-accounts.
8. All political, religious or social debates on real-life topics should not take place on the board.
9. Committing or promoting any type of illegal activity is prohibited.
10. Pornography, nudity, or any overt display of sexual nature is prohibited.
11. Lolicon and the sexually suggestive portrayal of children is prohibited.
12. Iconography or depictions of real-world extremist political groups, such as Nazis, KKK, ISIL, etc. are prohibited.
13. Users are prohibited from advertising external websites or services with the intention of either personal gain or distracting from the community. Odyssey-related Discords (Factions) may be advertised either on Faction pages or in the appropriate SWRP Odyssey Discord channel.
14. Users will not engage in spamming/flooding unless deemed appropriate in the Posting Games forum.
15. Plagiarism is prohibited.
16. Attempts to circumvent any of our security policies or rules will result in disciplinary action.
17. These rules are subject to change without notice.
18. The Odyssey Board Staff team reserves the right to terminate your account for the violation of any of these rules.
Welcome to Star Wars Odyssey!
You may dive right into creating your character after reading the board rules, character creation rules, and the Banned Species/Characters list.
Thereafter, please go to the Character Creation forum and utilize the Character Creation Template to post your Character's biography in a new topic.
For more help, feel free to stop by our Star Wars New Member Guide and other Tutorials and Guides.
NAMING YOUR CHARACTER
Your character's account must be named properly. i.e "Emberli Garrett", "BV-119", "Omni"
Random names, such as "overvigorxizor", that don't properly represent your character's name or what he would be called in a role-play is not acceptable, and you will be asked to change your name.
Canon Star Wars Characters are not allowed.
You must choose an avatar for your character before beginning to role-play.
You must have an avatar for each character you create at SWRP: Odyssey, and it must represent your character.
Avatars must adhere to the Odyssey General Rules.
Avatar sizes are set to 192x192 pixels.
You may only have 5 total images inherently visible in your signature. Please keep any additional images confined in a spoilers tab.
Signatures should not be contain elements that are excessively distracting to the community (e.g: flashy GIF animations).
Users may select up to three rank titles to their profile. This can be done by using the "Join User Group" option in your Account Settings. This limit includes administrative user groups.
CREATING YOUR CHARACTER
If your character's species is a hybrid of three or more species, you must first submit this new "hybrid species" to the Codex as a new species.
Characters may not be immortal or invincible.
All droid characters must be approved through the Factory if their droid models are not canon.
Child characters must be age thirteen or higher.
Use of the provided Character Biography template is not required, but a good character sheet will have most of the elements contained therein.
Your character profile sheet does not require approval.
YOUR CHARACTER'S ITEMS
Please list all items your character owns providing they are reasonable, are welcome. Please also list the items that you create in the Factory in your character profile sheet.
CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY TEMPLATE
TITLE/CHARACTER NAME GOES HERE
Character images go here.
NAME: Give your character a name, even if it might not be their real one. Remember, be original and don't use canon names unless they are Mandalorian names such as Ordo, etc.
FACTION: A faction helps a character get into the galactic scene and grow in strength. Feel free to join any that suit the character.
RANK: As a member of society, your character might have a rank that exemplifies his or her importance.
SPECIES: Star Wars is filled with many different species, so choose wisely.
AGE: This helps as a quick gauge for other writers to guess how old your character would look.
SEX: Note whether your character is male, or female
HEIGHT: This will help writers know the size of your character.
WEIGHT: This will help writers know the size of your character.
EYES: Sometimes eye color might not be apparent in an avatar - especially if the avatar dons a mask.
HAIR: Just as eye color, if the avatar of the character has a hat or helmet, it is hard to tell what his or her hair color is.
SKIN: And just as the other two categories, the skin color might not be apparent depending on attire.
FORCE SENSITIVE: Whether or not your character is sensitive to the Force is important.
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :
Describe in moderate detail the strengths and weaknesses of your character.
Describe your character's physical appearance. While your avatar should represent your character's appearance, there might be some things not apparent in it for use in role-playing. Height, weight, eye color, hair color, and skin color may also be listed here.
Describe your character's backstory up to the point you started RPing them. Be sure to update this section as the roleplay continues.
Does your character have a personal ship? If so, describe it in moderate detail (what does it look like, what can it do, what types of weapons and engines does it have, etc).
Post the names of the PC characters (characters roleplayed by real people) that your character has killed. If possible, include a link to the thread in which your character killed him/her.
Post the names of any bounties you have delivered and the amount of money you gained for it. If possible, include a link to the thread in which it happened.
Post the links and the titles to all of your characters' roleplays. To make things easier, post the link and name here as soon as you enter the Role-Play thread.